Healthcare Waste Management What Is It? And Do You Need It?

healthcare waste management

Medical waste is one of the biggest challenges that healthcare provides every day. On average, a single hospital bed can produce 33 pounds of waste per day. In a year, healthcare facilities generate 5.9 million tons of medical waste per year. To make matters worse, 16 billion injections and 2 million needles are thrown every […]

Why You Need a Medical Waste Disposal Company?

Medical Waste Disposal

Every year, healthcare facilities generate a substantial volume of medical waste. Approximately 85% of this waste is standard, while the remaining 15% contains hazardous materials that can pose infectious, toxic, or radioactive risks. Ensuring the safety and cleanliness of our communities in the face of such medical waste is a collective responsibility. Whether you oversee […]

Simple Steps to Sharps Safety

Steps to Sharps Safety

Steps to Sharps Safety Always be smart with sharps in the workplace never place loose needles or sharps in the cardboard RMW box. Click here to download the Flyer  

COVID-19 PPE & How Secure Waste Can Help You

Secure Waste Can Help You compressed

How Secure Waste Can Help You In 2020, the world was hit by a widespread viral infection that devastated the medical community. Hospital beds were scarce, PPE was hard to come by, and medical professionals were working around the clock to try and slow the spread of COVID-19. The result was exhausted staff and an […]

Medical Suction and Fluid Waste Management: Risks and How to Mitigate Them

Medical Suction and Fluid Waste

Medical suction and fluid waste management Medical suction & fluid waste management have rapidly evolved over the last decades and have become integral to patient care. Their uses are manifold, for example clearing airways and draining fluids during surgery, or resuscitating critically ill patients. This is a summary, based on the JCI white paper “Medical […]

No Sharps in the Bag!

No Sharps in the Bag compressed

No Sharps in the Bag: Ensuring a Safe Environment Click here to download the Flyer    

Proper Sharps Needle Disposal in Maryland

Proper Sharps Needle Disposal in Maryland compressed

Every form of medical waste requires special handling, whether it’s gauze used to wrap a fresh wound or cultures containing infectious agents. Sharps and needles are a little more sensitive to manage as it takes only one pinprick to spread potentially harmful bloodborne pathogens and viruses. The dangers associated with sharps and needle waste are […]

How to Deal With Biohazard Waste in a Safe Way?

biohazard waste

How To Deal With Biohazard Waste In A Safe Way? Dealing with the medical waste can be a tricky task since the waste generated at hospitals and clinics are itself contaminated with harmful bacteria and pathogens. Dumping it without any treatment or proper management can lead to several other health-related trouble for others. It can […]